Page 1 of 1

DOODLES DOODLES 1923

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:53 pm
by CITYSLICKER
SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL PLAYING SCHOOLS IN 1923

SCHOOL
ABBEVILLE
AIKEN
ANDERSON
BAMBERT
BAILEY MILITARY
BARNWELL
BATESBURG-LEESVILLE
BEAUFORT
BELTON
BENNETTSVILLE
BERKELEY
BETHUNE
BISHOPVILLE
BLACKVILLE
BRANCHVILLE
BRUNSON
CAMDEN
CARLISLE MILITARY
CENTRAL
CHERAW
CHESTER
CLINTON
CLIO
CLOVER
COLUMBIA
CONWAY
COWPENS
DENMARK
DILLON
DUE WEST
DUNCAN
EASLEY
EDGEFIELD
EHRHARDT
ESTILL
FAIRFAX
FLETCHER MEMORIAL
FLORENCE
FORT MILL
FOUNTAN INN
GAFFNEY
GREELEYVILLE
GREENVILLE
GREENWOOD
GREER
HAMPTON-VARNVILLE
HARTSVILLE
HASTOC
HEMINGWAY
HOLLY HILL
HONEA PATH
HYATT PARK
JOHNSTON
KERSHAW
KINGSTREE
LAMAR
LAKE CITY
LANCASTER
LATTA
LAURENS
LYDIA
MCCOLL
MCCORMICK
MANNING
MARION
MULLINS
NEWBERRY
NICHOLS
NINETY-SIX
NORTH AUGUSTA
OLANTA
OLAR
ORANGEBURG
PARKER
PENDLETON
PICKENS
PORTER MILITARY
ROCK HILL
ST. GEORGE
ST. JOHNS (DARLINGTON)
ST. MATTHEWS
SALLEY
SALUDA
SENECA
SIMPSONVILLE
SPARTANBURG
SPRINGFIELD
SUMMERTON
SUMMERVILLE
SUMTER
THORNWELL
TIMMONSVILLE
UNION
WAGENER
WALHALLA
WALTERBORO
WESTMINSTER
WILLISTON-ELKO
WINNSBORO
WINTHROP TRAINING
WINYAH
WOODRUFF
YORK

Re: DOODLES DOODLES 1923

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:55 pm
by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Thanks for posting this, Slick!!!! This is pretty cool!!!! My Alma Mater Beaufort High School has been around for a very long time.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

Re: DOODLES DOODLES 1923

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:51 am
by Rebel-Fan-74
CITYSLICKER wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:53 pm
SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL PLAYING SCHOOLS IN 1923
DUNCAN
One of two schools that merged to become James F. Byrnes, the other school was W-L-T (Wellford-Lyman-Tucapau) which didn't play football so the ones that did, played for Duncan. Both schools were 1st thru 12th grades at the same location. Duncan became D. R. Hill Junior High with the 7th and 8th grades when the two schools merged and W-L-T were just 1st through 6th grades with locations in Wellford and Lyman and Startex (Tucapau is the Cherokee name of the community, Startex was the name of the Cotton Mill and folks in this area would often call the community the mill name after a mill was built since it was the heartbeat of the community). The church is still called Tucapau Baptist as it was called when it was founded.